When you want an impressive hairstyle, but you don’t want to spend an hour getting ready, it’s majorly helpful to have a few hairstyles in your back pocket (or, realistically, on your Pinterest board). Check out these three 5 minute hair tutorials that every busy beauty can master.
The Twisted Bun
Simple & chic, the timeless combo.
- Part your hair down the middle and make two sections.
- Tie the two sections into a knot, with the remaining hair facing down.
- Twist one section up around the knot to form the bun. Pin down.
- Twist the other section around the bun for a fuller knot. Pin it, and you’re done!
The Big Bad Hawk-fant
Bold, romantic & so much fun
- Use a tail comb to section off a rectangle (from eyebrow to eyebrow, to the back of the head). Gather the hair that falls forward one side of your head and add it to this section. Tie it out of the way for now, leaving the hair falling on the other side.
- Take the back section and tie in a bun underneath the first bun.
- Take out the top section of the first bun. Tease the hair and pin it into a bouffant. Leave a small section in front to pin up with the hawk-fant last.
- Style and play with the volume to personalize it.
Tuxedo Braid Bun
Playful, Yet Put-Together
- Using a tail comb, section off your hair into top, left, right, and bottom sections.
- Tie the top section out of the way.
- Back french braid the bottom section of your hair until it meets the top section. Tie them up together with a hair band.
- Use the left and right sections to braid up to the other two sections.
- Put all the hair into one pony tail, then pin into a bun.
For more hairstyle tutorials, check out these romantic & edgy styles for date night.